A tale of 2 dishes
Item #1 = fire roasted salsa, to be served at a friend's cook out later this weekend
Item #2 = Beer braised roast (via the instant pot) with rice, brown gravy, mozzarella garlic bread & a side salad.
Here's what we did for the salsa:
2 Roma tomatoes
1 small package of cherry tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper, top cut off, and seeds removed
4 mini bell peppers, tops cut off
1 whole bulb of garlic, skin on
1 large white onion, peeled and cut in half
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped (about 1 cup loosely packed)
Juice of 2 limes
1 TBSP Sea Salt
1 TBSP Cumin
1 tsp Bourbon Black Pepper
1 tsp Chipotle Powder
1. I used a gas grill set on low. Place tomatoes and onion cut side down on a perforated cooking sheet, along with garlic and jalapenos. Grill 10-15 minutes, until tomatoes and onions are softened and charred (if garlic begins to burn, remove it early). Remove from grill, and let cool to handle.
|drizzled olive oil over veggies|
|onto the grill|
|halfway thru the cook|
|fire roasted veggies|
2. Roughly chop tomatoes, onion, and jalapenos, and peel garlic. Place in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Add chopped cilantro, the juice of 2 lime, sea salt, pepper, and chili (if using), and pulse until incorporated. Taste, and correct seasoning. Serve immediately, or transfer to a container, and refridgerate up to 4 days (or, you could can it and stock your pantry!) enjoy!
Now about that roast......
|*We used the other half of a roast that was left over from this dinner. |
1 small roast*, seasoned with HungryHeath beef rub
1 small package of whole mushrooms, chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 red onion, diced
Tony Chachere's Gravy mix
1. Since I already had the grill going, I went ahead & seared the roast all all sides.
2. Place the roast into instant pot, along with red onion, garlic & mushrooms
4. Once Instant Pot has finished cooking, add the prepared gravy mix (as directed on package)
5. Serve atop rice, mashed potatoes, noodles or bread.
Post a Comment