|The banana ketchup was from a cruise to the Caribbean|
Summertime is grillin' time! One of my favorite foods is burgers. Eating, cooking, talking about, & researching them is a constant thing with me. If a restaurant I frequent has them on the menu, I am eventually going to try it. I have found great burgers in all sorts of cuisine. With that being said, I present to you my "Greek" lamb burger.
1 lbs ground lamb
5 oz crumbled feta cheese
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
Cavender's Greek Seasoning
Cedar's cucumber garlic dill tzatziki sauce
2 HEB bakery onion rolls
McCormick's chipotle & roasted garlic seasoning
1. In a large bowl, ad ground lamb, onion, bell pepper, feta cheese & season to taste with Greek seasoning. Mix well.
2. Pinch off a little bit & cook to check taste. Adjust as necessary.
3. Form the rest of the meat into 2 patties.
4. Melt a little butter with the chipotle & roasted garlic. Again, season to taste.
5. Apply butter to both halves of the bun.
6. Toast buns & grill meat until medium well.
7. Begin building the burgers. Schmear of tzatziki sauce, lettuce & sliced tomato & the grilled patty.
|mise en place|
|mixing veggies & ground lamb|
|adding the feta|
|hand formed patties (small patty is for checking the flavor)|
|chipotle & roasted garlic butter|
|grilling the buns & patties|
|fresh from the grill|
|a schmear of tzatziki|
|plating for two|
|lamb burger & freedom fries|
Post a Comment