2018 Road Trip - Day 07
|Chips & Salsa|
|Bottled salsa on each table|
|Chicken Wings (6) |
Fried to perfection, served with chimichurri sauce and jalapeño creamy dipping sauce.
|Chile con Queso|
Homemade cheese dip made with queso blanco, jalapeño peppers and our secret ingredients.
|Al Pastor Torta|
A grilled sandwich filled with your choice of chicken, steak or Al Pastor, topped with mayonnaise, lettuce, avocados and tomatoes.
Classic Mexican soup with chicken, rice and spicy chipotle sauce. Topped with tortilla strips and sour cream.
- Chicken Wings - The best part was the jalapeño creamy dipping sauce, which you have to ask for. We never received the chimichurri sauce. Both sauces are clearly listed on the menu, so we found it strange that we had to request them.
- Chile con Queso - Oddly, they blend everything into the queso. A bit too thin.
- Al Pastor Torta - This was lacking on the meat, but otherwise a decent sandwich.
- Tortilla Soup - Loaded with lots of chicken, served hot with big chunks of tortillas. Great for a rainy day, could be spicier with jalapenos as a garnish.
|Jimi Hendrix Studio Soundboard c. 1967|
|The Mighty Met|
|That Little Ol' Band From Texas|
|Souvenir sticker for my beer fridge|
|Souvenir shot glass|
|Sourdough bread & whipped butter|
|Bone marrow |
olive tapenade, whipped feta cream, flat leaf parsley, pickled shallots, lemon, sea salt
|Heirloom Tomatoes |
burrata, prosciutto chips, basil
|Beef Cheek Pierogi |
mushrooms, horseradish crème fraiche
|Beef Hanger Steak|
pickle sauce, chiles, pork fat fried Lola fries
|Smoked Pork Chop|
chiles, polenta, bbq onions
strawberry cheesecake, blackberry chip, roasted banana & a cookie
chocolate w/ blackberry buttercream frosting & fresh blueberries
- Bone marrow - Yum! Fatty tender marrow made even more delectable with the accompaniments.
- Heirloom tomatoes - all different sizes and colors. I sprinkled with salt to enhance the tomatoes. The burrata was so creamy.
- Beef Cheek Pierogi - Tender with creamy filling. The gravy added savory beefy notes.
- Beef Hanger Steak w/ pickle sauce, chiles, pork fat fried Lola fries. The fries are out of this world good, crispy matchstick with seasoning. The steak was good. A lot of food.
- Smoked Pork Chop w/ chiles, polenta, BBQ onions - The owner's favorite food is pork, how could I not order this? The pork chop was expertly cooked. I'm not usually a fan of polenta, but this was great.
- Ice Cream - All packed a fruity flavor, that tasted fresh.
- Complementary Cupcakes - moist & delicious. Happy Anniversary!!!
That's it for today. Tomorrow I'll fill you in on our adventures in Charleston, West Virginia